The Republic of the Union of Myanmar has stated that Visa On Arrival (Tourist Visa) is open to normal passport holders of Chinese nationality (PRC passport) and Indian nationality who are entering Myanmar for tourist purposes, effective from 30 Aug 2023 to 29 Aug 2024, with details as follows:
- Effective from 30 Aug 2023 to 29 Aug 2024, normal passport holders of Chinese Nationality (PRC passport holders only) and Indian Nationality are allowed to enter Myanmar by air with the Visa On Arrival (Tourist Visa) facility at Yangon International Airport (RGN), Mandalay International Airport (MDL) & Naypyitaw International Airport (NYT).
- USD 50 will be collected upon arrival as Visa On Arrival fees and will allow 30 days to stay in Myanmar.
- Visa on Arrival is only for tourist purposes and will provide only a tourist visa.
- Extensions of stay will not be permitted.
- Passengers (PRC passport holders and India passport holders) who are entering Myanmar with a Visa On Arrival (Tourist Visa) are required to follow the steps below.
- Passengers are required to follow rules and regulations applied by The Republic of The Union of Myanmar.
- There are restricted areas where non-Myanmar nationalities are not allowed to enter and must follow the restrictions. Non-restricted areas are free to visit.
- Passengers who are entering Myanmar by Visa On Arrival facility can be rejected for entry by Immigration authorities on arrival, in case of rejected by authorities.
- Passengers who are entering Myanmar by Visa On Arrival facility from international airports (RGN, MDL, NYT) can exit from any international entry or exit point.
6. Passengers are required to prepare the following documents before being accepted at check-in counters:
- 2 Passport size photos
- Confirm Return Ticket
- Confirm Hotel Booking
- Sufficient Funds (Immigration officer will check)
For more information, you can check out the following link: