Hand Baggage Allowance
You can take one piece of hand baggage aboard any MAI flights, for example a small travelling bag, a portable computer or a briefcase. Hand baggage may not exceed the dimensions 58 x 34 x 23 cm. The maximum permitted weight of hand baggage is 7kg. You may also take the following onto the aircraft with you: a coat, an umbrella, a walking stick/crutches, a camera, binoculars, a reasonable quantity of books and magazines, a baby basket or folding pushchair and a suitable quantity of baby food.
All passengers have a baggage allowance stated on the confirmation note. There are two types of baggage allowance:
- Piece concept
- Weight concept
MAI accepts 'piece concept' only if passengers travelling on MAI and interlined to other carriers operating (non-stop) to and from USA/CANADA.
Free Allowance under Piece Concept
- Each passenger traveling in Economy Class is entitled to a free allowance of 2 pieces of baggage with a maximum dimension not exceeding 158cm (L x W x H) and not exceeding the weight of 30kg.
- Each infant is entitled to 2pieces being a baby buggy/stroller/pushchair and a bag. The maximum dimension of the bag may not exceed 115cm (L x W x H) (45inches) and not exceed the weight of 10kg.
- Passengers travelling with a wheelchair, crutches or any other orthopedic tools may carry this free of charge.
Excess Baggage under Piece Concept
All baggage in excess of the free allowance is considered excess baggage for which a surcharge will be levied.
This surcharge will be charged for:
- Exceeding the free allowance of 2 pieces per person
- Exceeding the maximum dimension restriction
- Exceeding the maximum weight restriction
- Carriage of live animals
The surcharge calculation:
- MAI surcharge on 'piece concept' is charge on additional piece(s).
The weight concept is applicable to all flights
Free Allowance under Weight Concept
Maximum Free Baggage Allowance (FBA) of each passenger is:
|Business Class||Economy Class|
|Ticketed/Maximum Free Allowance (kg)||40||30|
|Seoul Ticketed/Maximum Free Allowance (kg)||23|
Passengers travelling with a wheelchair, crutches or any other orthopedic tools may carry this free of charge.
Excess Baggage under Weight Concept
Excess baggage will be charged when:
- Baggage of Economy Class passengers exceeds the weight of 30kg.
- Baggage of Business Class passengers exceeds the weight of 40kg.
- Baggage of Seoul Economy Class passengers exceeds the weight of 23kg.
- Excess baggage charge will be calculated per kilo.
On all MAI flights, the excess baggage charge per kilogram is 1.5% of the highest normal direct one way adult Y class fare.