AGREEMENT BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND MYANMAR AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD.
1.1 The MAI booking facility is owned and operated by Myanmar Airways International Co. Ltd. (8M, "MAI"). The booking facility is offered to you, the customer, on condition that you accept without variation the conditions of use herein. When you use the booking facility to make a reservation, you signify your agreement to these conditions of use and other terms, conditions, and notices. If this is not your intention and you disagree with these conditions of use, do NOT use the booking facility. You should get a print-out of these Conditions of Use for your records.
1.2 The information contained in the booking facility may change without notice. MAI does not warrant nor represent the accuracy or completeness of the booking facility or any of the data or information contained in the booking facility.
The booking facility is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not copy, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, or sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from the booking facility.
3.1 The MAI booking facility is solely to assist you in determining the availability of travel-related goods and services to make legitimate reservations or purchases for yourself and those traveling with you. Abuse of the facility may result in, amongst other things, you being denied access to it.
3.2 Other terms and conditions will apply to your reservation and purchase of travel-related goods and services. You will abide by the applicable terms or conditions of purchase, including payment of all amounts when due and compliance with all rules and restrictions regarding the availability of fares, products, or services. You are responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments arising out of the use of the booking facility.
3.3 You will use the MAI booking facility to make only legitimate reservations.
4.1 You may make reservations of up to 9 passengers in Economy and 4 passengers in Premium Economy Class.
4.2 Infants (under 2 years at the time of travel) can be booked through the MAI Online booking facility and Children (2 years and above to 12 years and below) must travel with an adult on the same reservation.
4.3 Reservations are subject to the applicable fare conditions and the seat vacancies in that fare group.
4.4 Once your booking is confirmed, your tickets are automatically processed. Therefore any cancellation or amendment made subsequently is subjected to administrative fees that you agree to bear in full.
4.5 Please note that the terms and conditions for changes to bookings and purchases will vary for each promotion, product, and service. Please, therefore, refer to the terms and conditions for a specific promotion, product, and service. Changes, at your request, may not be allowed or may require a minimum processing time of varying periods, subject to specific terms and conditions applicable to the type of product or service purchased and may be subject to administrative fees and price top-up which you agree to bear in full.
4.6 You will be issued Electronic Ticket for the booking made on www.maiair.com.
4.7 You must pay at the time of reservation. Fares and taxes will be quoted and charged in the currency displayed in the fare quote. Only credit cards issued by Visa, Master, and JCB cards may be used for reservations.
4.8 For Electronic Ticket, you must present the credit card that was sued to purchase the Electronic Ticket and your passport at check-in. If you fail to produce the purchasing credit card for verification, MAI reserves the right to deny the ticket holder or holders from boarding.
4.9 The credit cardholder must be in the traveling party.
4.10 Carriage and other services performed by MAI are subjected to MAI Conditions of Contact and Notices and General Conditions of Carriage. By making a reservation through the MAI booking facility, you agree to be bound by the MAI Conditions of Contract and Notices and General Conditions of Carriage. These documents are available on MAI Web Site.
- Only travel-related goods and services that are refundable in their own applicable terms and conditions will be refunded. Please refer to sections 3.2 and 4.4.
- The refund process may take up to 8 weeks and repayment will only be in the currency of originally purchased ticket currency.
- 100% refund may only be applicable when MAI fails to adhere to the terms and conditions of the travel-related goods and services purchased.
- Subjected to Refund rules which is the booking terms and conditions and/or applicable fare rules, the fare of the unused sector and Passenger Fuel Surcharge will only be refunded after the deduction of applicable cancellation fees and/or no-show fees. In the circumstances where the applicable cancellation fees and/or no-show fees are higher than the fare of the unused sector and Passenger Fuel Surcharge, there will be no refund of the fare of the unused sector and Passenger Fuel Surcharge, and the additional amount is payable by the passenger. Passenger also required to bear any applicable 3rd-party fees/charges, including but not limited to payment gateway, card issuers, etc.
- In any case, the decision of MAI is final.
Suggestions, Comments, And Feedback
If you respond to an MAI published document with information including feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like regarding the content of any such MAI document, such information will be deemed to be non-confidential and MAI will have no obligation whatsoever with respect to such information and may reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation.
Any communications you send to this website or otherwise to MAI by electronic mail are on a non-confidential basis, and MAI may reproduce, publish, or otherwise use them in any way for any purpose. MAI may use the content of any such communications, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing of goods and/or services.
Further MAI may use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including developing and marketing services incorporating such information.
Links To Other Sites
This website contains links to other websites that are not maintained by MAI. Similarly, other websites may contain links to this website. MAI is not responsible for the contents of those websites and will not be liable for any loss, damages, or injury arising from the contents of those websites. Any links to other websites are provided as a convenience to you as a user of this website and do not imply the endorsement of MAI of the linked websites or association with their operators. MAI disclaims all responsibility and liability for the use of linked websites, which you access and use at your own risk.
Any third party that wishes to establish links to this website should notify MAI of their intention prior to doing so. MAI may deny permission for any such links to this website. If however, MAI gives its permission for any such links, MAI is not under any obligation to establish reciprocal links with the third party.
Applicable Law And Jurisdiction
The law applicable to these Conditions of Use of the website is the law of The Union of Myanmar and the courts of The Union of Myanmar will have exclusive jurisdiction in case of any dispute.
5.1 You may require a visa to travel to some destinations. It is your sole responsibility to obtain this visa. You must have a valid passport for the duration of your trip and the expiry date must be acceptable in all the countries you enter. More information on passport and visa requirements is available at the embassy of the country or countries you will be traveling to, and the local MAI office.
5.2 Fares may not include all airport and passenger taxes which must be paid by each passenger. Such information may be quoted with the fare and included in the total due.
5.3 Some airports have passenger service charges which will be paid by the passenger at the airport. Information on these charges is not given on this Web Site.
5.4 Certain taxes, fees, and passenger service charges, which are incorporated into your ticket and collected at the time of ticket issuance, are refundable in the event your ticket is not utilized. Please approach your local MAI office to obtain a refund.
5.5 All passengers must hold valid return flight tickets or connecting flight tickets and relevant proof of travel documents, depending on their complete travel itinerary (point-to-point or transit with MAI).
MAI reserves the right to refuse carriage of passengers found not to adhere to the travel requirements at ticket purchase or during check-in. Based on this, the airline can deny any request for reuse or refund of tickets following the airline terms & conditions.
6.1 You will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Conditions of Use. You will not use the MAI booking facility to make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation.
6.2 You must not:
- Resell the service of the MAI booking facility; or
- Use the MAI booking facility for any activity which breaches any law; or
- Use the MAI booking facility in a way that interferes with its availability for other users; or
- Use other means to transact or obtain information if you are unable to use the MAI booking facility.
- If MAI (in its sole discretion) believes that you are in breach, or will be in breach, of any of these Conditions of Use, MAI reserves its right to cancel your booking without giving you a reason and/or without further reference to you.
MAI and its licensors retain all rights (including trademark, copyright, and patent rights) with respect to all software and underlying information and material available through the MAI booking facility. You must not download or otherwise export or re-export any software or underlying information or material available through the MAI booking facility except with the written permission of MAI and in full compliance with all Myanmar and other applicable laws and regulations. In particular, but without limitation, you must not download or otherwise export or re-export any software or underlying information or material available through the MAI booking facility in accordance with the written instructions of MAI.
You represent that you are of legal age to use the booking facility in accordance with these Conditions of Use and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of this Website. You are financially responsible for the use of this website by yourself. You will supervise all usage of the booking facility under your name or account. You warrant that all information supplied by you and members of your household in using the booking facility are true and accurate.
The MAI booking facility is provided "as is" and you assume total risk and responsibility for your use of the booking facility and the global computer network including the submission of any personal or business information. To the maximum extent permitted by law, MAI specifically disclaims and you waive all warranties, express or implied, in respect of the booking facility including merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of intellectual property, or other proprietary rights or compatibility between the MAI booking facility and any software or hardware and Year 2000 compliance.
MAI does not warrant or represent that your access to the MAI booking facility will be uninterrupted or error-free or that any information, data, content, software, or other material accessible through the MAI booking facility will be free of bugs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful components.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, MAI is not liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, including those based in negligence, whether actual, incidental, or consequential (including lost profits or other special damages) which arises out of or is in any way connected with any of the following items:
a. Access or use of the MAI booking facility;
b. Data, information, or material contained in the MAI booking facility including the use of such data, information or material to check prices and availability or for reservations, ticketing, or any other use;
c. Submission of any personal or business information, including bank and credit card details;
d. Unavailability of the MAI booking facility to you in whole or in part or any failure or delay in any way connected with the use of the booking facility because of the global computer network, ancillary equipment, the systems of MAI or technology, or any other circumstances, including the use of or inability to use the MAI booking facility to check prices and availability or for reservations, ticketing or any other use;
e. Any unauthorized access or breach of security into the MAI booking facility through the global computer network; and
f. Any booking or reservation made through the MAI booking facility that has not registered or is delayed or is in error. If MAI is found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or is in any way connected with any accessing or use of the MAI booking facility then the liability of MAI will in no event exceed, in the aggregate, any subscription fee and/or service charge for accessing the MAI booking facility.
g. The performance or non-performance by MAI or the failure of any function or service associated with the MAI, in whole or in part;
MAI may cancel or suspend your use of the MAI booking facility at any time without notice if MAI suspects that the booking facility or your Name/User ID/Privilege member number and Credit Card is being used, or may be used:
a. By persons that have not been authorized by you; or
b. In breach of these Conditions of Use; or
c. In a manner that may cause loss to you or MAI. MAI may, at any time and at its sole discretion and without cause or notice, terminate or restrict your access to the MAI booking facility or refuse to give effect to any reservation you request through the booking facility without giving any reason or notice to you.
(a) Passengers holding a confirmed reservation may be denied boarding due to a variety of reasons, for example:
- Overbooking of the flight
- Reduced aircraft seating capacity due to unserviceable equipment.
- Reduced weight/seat capacity due to a payload restriction.
- Change of aircraft or version.
(b) Apply operating airline procedures for denied boarding:
- If applicable, solicit volunteers and offer compensation and/or reprotection, as per operating airline procedures.
- Provide written notice, as per government regulations.
- Apply the airline's involuntary denied boarding procedures if no volunteers are solicited.
Denied Boarding Compensation
1. Passengers who are denied boarding on a scheduled flight are entitled to compensation. In order to qualify, such passengers must be in possession of a valid ticket with a confirmed reservation for the particular flight shown on that ticket. They must also have presented themselves for check-in within the stipulated time limits and be in possession of the necessary travel documents, according to the General Conditions of Carriage.
2. The rules which are followed for boarding in the event that all passengers booked cannot be accommodated on a flight, will give first priority to handicapped passengers and unaccompanied children.
3. Before denying boarding to any passenger, the airline concerned, or its handling agent, may call for volunteers not be board such flights. Any passenger who accepts the denied boarding compensation does so as full settlement of any and all claims against the airline.
4. Passengers who are denied boarding, voluntarily or otherwise, shall have the choice of:
4.1 full refund of the cost of the unused portion of the ticket;
4.2 re-routing to the final destination of the ticket presented at check-in by the first available flight(s) or at a later date at the passenger's convenience.
5. Additionally, upon being denied boarding, each passenger is entitled to receive the following compensation:
Flight Distance Delay Time
Up to 3,500 km Up to 2 hours
Up to 3,500 km More than 2 hours
More than 3,500 Up to 4 hours
More than 3,500 More than 4 hours
Note: Where the one-way fare for the sector(s) concerned in the appropriate class of service is less than DBC amount, the one-way fare will be paid.
6. The compensation shall be paid in cash or, if acceptable to the passenger, in travel vouchers. If the passenger's class of service is downgraded, then he/she shall be entitled to reimbursement of the difference in price.
7. Any passenger denied boarding will be offered, in addition to the compensation payment, the following;
7.1 a telephone call and a telex or fax message to the destination point;
7.2 meals, refreshments, and hotel accommodation as appropriate while waiting for alternative transportation arrangements.
8. Full details of the denied boarding rules applied by each airline are available for inspection at airline offices.
MAI will take all reasonable measures to ensure that information you transmit to MAI using the MAI booking facility will remain confidential and protected from unauthorized access but MAI does not warrant against unauthorized access and will not be liable for any unauthorized access by any means to that information.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of The Union of Myanmar and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of The Union of Myanmar.